The data controller of this website is Connecting Student Athletes (also referred to herein as “Connecting Student Athletes (CSA)”, 'we', 'us'). Connecting Student Athletes (CSA) officials can be contacted via the contact section on the Website. Connecting Student Athletes (CSA) respects the privacy of each user accessing the Website ('you', 'your') and is committed to protecting your privacy. Connecting Student Athletes (CSA) has structured the Website so that, in general, you can visit and browse the Website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Connecting Student Athletes (CSA) ensures that any personal information provide by you to Connecting Student Athletes (CSA) will be processed in accordance with the relevant Data Protection Acts. The privacy laws of the United States outline the principles and practices we will follow in protecting Users’/Customers’ personal information. Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of our Users’/Customers’ personal information and allowing our Users’/Students to request access to, and correction of, their personal information.
Collection of your information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of data/information:
1. To verify identity;
2. To verify creditworthiness;
3. To identify registered member preferences;
4. To open and manage an account;
5. To deliver requested services;
6. To process a magazine subscription;
7. To enroll the client in a program;
8. To send out association membership information;
9. To ensure a high standard of service to our [Users, Members];
10. To meet regulatory requirements;
11. Credit Card information to collect and process payments;
Confidentiality of your personal information
Collection of information
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify the User or his company including, but not limited to, User name, telephone number, e-mail address, street address, occupation, and/or industry.
Contact information means information that would enable an individual to be contacted at a place of residence, telephone number, email or fax number.
By giving personal information, the User gives Connecting Student Athletes (CSA) consent to collect and use it in accordance with this agreement.
Using and Disclosing of Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to facilitate the services you request. We use your personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Site to: resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote safe browsing; collect fees owed; measure user interest in our services, inform you about online and offline offers, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our User Agreement; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. At times, we may look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular we may examine your personal information to identify users using multiple User IDs or aliases. We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
You agree that we may use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our content and offerings, and customize the Site's content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Site and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Site.
You agree that we may share/disclose your personal information in accordance with the appropriate sections/guidelines of the privacy laws of the United States. Some examples include but are not limited to:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual's life, health, or personal security;
- When the personal information is available from a public source (e.g., a telephone directory);
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- For the purposes of collecting a debt;
- To protect ourselves from fraud;
- To investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law
How long we keep your Personal Data
We keep your personal information usually up to one year period or for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. If you want to access your personal data at any time, please contact us via email at: Connectingstudentathletes@csathletes.com
However, where legally required, we will store your personal data, even when an account is cancelled, or closed due to inactivity.
Accuracy of your Personal Data
1. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that Users’/customers’ personal information is accurate and complete where it may be used to make a decision about the Users’/customers’ or disclosed to another organization.
2. Users’/customers’ may request correction to their personal information in order to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request to correct personal information must be made in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information and the correction being sought. [IF APPLICABLE: A request to correct personal information should be emailed at Connectingstudentathletes@csathletes.com
3. If the personal information is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete, we will correct the information as required and send the corrected information to any organization to which we disclosed the personal information if required. If the correction is not made, we will note the Users’ such information, correction request in the file.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. The same will be corrected/updated within a reasonable time.
Security of your personal data
1. We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. However, you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password. Please do not share your pass word with others. Change your pass word regularly.
2. In addition we will use appropriate security measures when destroying User’s personal information such as shredding documents, deleting electronically stored information.
3. We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
Your Information and your activities on the Site shall not: (a) be false, inaccurate or misleading; (b) be fraudulent; (c) infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (d) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, antidiscrimination or false advertising); (e) be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing; (f) be obscene or contain child pornography or, if otherwise adult in nature or harmful to minors, shall be posted only in the Mature Audiences section and shall be distributed only to people legally permitted to receive such content; (g) contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
1. If you have technical problems, questions or other issues related to your use of Connecting Student Athletes (CSA), please click the link Contact Us on the home at the bottom of any page of this website. You can also contact our legal department email@example.com who is/are responsible for ensuring Connecting Student Athletes (CSA)'s compliance with this policy and the Personal Information Protection Act.
2. Connecting Student Athletes (CSA)'s legal department will respond to all requests sent through mail or email from Users and parents interested in knowing more about what personal information is stored on Connecting Student Athletes (CSA) database, or if they want their personal information nullified, or have additional questions regarding privacy.